By using the Site, you signify your assent to the Policy. If you do not agree to this Policy, please do not use our Site. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Policy at any time. Please check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of our Site following the posting of changes to these terms will mean you accept those changes.
Types of Information We Collect
We may collect certain personally identifiable information (“personal information”) when you use certain features of our Site, such as in correspondence with us, registering and filling out forms on the Site, entering a sweepstakes or contest or other promotion, participating in online surveys, signing up for email distribution lists and using other features of the Site that may be offered from time to time, and may require such information in order to utilize the feature.
The personal information we collect may include your first name, last name, street address, city, state, zip code, e-mail address and phone number (both landline and mobile). Hercules may also retain electronic communications you send to our customer service representatives, webmaster or other associates.
We also collect information regarding the use of our Site that may not contain personal information. This may include a user’s IP Address, browser type, domain name, access time, page views, and the URL from which they were referred. Statistics are compiled that show the daily number of visitors to the Site, the daily requests received for particular files on the Site, the routes by which users access the Site, and what countries those requests come from. These aggregated statistics are used to customize our web site to better meet your needs and may also be provided to others, but the aggregated statistics contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information.
How We Use the Information We Collect
Hercules may use the personal information users give us for a variety of purposes, including the following:
- to develop, enhance, market, sell or otherwise provide information, products or services;
- to respond to correspondence from users;
- to administer contests, sweepstakes and other promotions users register for;
- to troubleshoot problems with the Site;
- to measure consumer interest in our various products and services;
- inform users about new products and programs and promotional offers. These offers may be based on information provided in surveys, information that may indicate purchasing preferences or in email sent to the Site.
- As permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; or for any other purpose to which a user consents.
To Whom Do We Disclose Personal Information
Our policy is to disclose no personal information gathered online to third parties except in the following situations:
- We may disclose personal information to our Hercules Dealers so that they can notify customers of upcoming promotions, events or offers. We require our dealers to keep such personal information confidential and to use such personal information in a manner consistent with this Policy.
- We may disclose personal information to third parties (e.g., data storage and processing facilities) that we use to assist us in providing our services, subject to similar obligations of confidentiality to those contained in this Policy, and to troubleshoot issues we may have with the Site.
- We may disclose personal information where you have specifically authorized us to do so in connection with registering at our Site or in some other written communication.
- Finally, we may disclose personal information upon a transfer or sale to another entity of all or substantially all of our stock or assets in the line of business that this Policy relates or upon any other corporate reorganization.
We may share aggregate demographic, statistical and other information regarding use of our Site and products with third parties for marketing and other purposes, but such aggregate information will not specifically identify any particular user.
Choice and Opt-out Preferences
You may elect not to receive further email communications from Hercules (except in connection with information, products or services that you specifically request) by contacting us through means set forth below or from electronic communications by means of a link provided in every broadcast e-mail that is sent to you by Hercules. If, at any time, you prefer not to receive any other form of communication from Hercules, you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hercules will use reasonable efforts to address all requests to remove names from any postal mail or email lists.
Hercules uses reasonable security procedures to protect the personal information that it collects through the Site from unauthorized use and disclosure.
The Site is not intended for anyone under the age of 13. We do not solicit or encourage the transmission of information from or about children. We will not knowingly allow anyone under 13 to register with our Site, or to provide any personally identifying information. If you're under 13, please do not provide us with any personally identifying information about you.
Other Web Sites
The Hercules Site may contain links to other sites, and we make every effort to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy. However, we are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by such other sites.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed personal information (as defined under that statute) of that California resident, for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the categories of personal information that was disclosed to them. If you are a California resident and you wish to make such a request, you may contact us at email@example.com.
We may provide you the ability to post information on or through the Site. If you are a California resident who is under 18 and a registered user of the Site and you are unable to remove content or information you posted in a public area of the Site by following the instructions provided on the Site, you may request removal by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When requesting removal please be specific about the information or content you want removed and provide the URL for each page on the Site where it is located. We are not required to remove any content or information that: (a) federal or state law requires us or a third party to maintain the content or information; (b) the content or information was not posted by you, the registered user; (c) we anonymize the content or information so that you cannot be identified; (d) you don’t follow our instructions for removing or requesting removal; or (e) you received compensation or other consideration for providing the content or information. REMOVAL OF YOUR POSTED CONTENT OR INFORMATION FROM THE SITE DOES NOT ENSURE COMPLETE OR COMPREHENSIVE REMOVAL OF THAT CONTENT OR INFORMATION FROM OUR SYSTEMS OR THE SYSTEMS OF OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS. We are not required to delete the content or information posted by you; our obligations under California law are satisfied so long as we anonymize the content or information or render it invisible to other users and the public. Also, some content and information you post that has been copied or reposted by a third party is outside of our control and will not be removed.
Questions or Comments
Updated May 24, 2017.