Hercules Launches All New TIS TT1
November 11, 2022
Max Traction Mud Terrain Tire for Jeeps and Light Trucks, Co-branded in Partnership with TIS OFFROAD
Hercules Tire and Rubber Company (HTR) announced the launch of its TIS TT1 by Hercules, a premium, maximum traction, all-season mud tire offering up to 26” rim diameter sizes. The new line will begin a phased launch in mid-November.
Created in partnership with TIS Offroad, the TIS TT1 by Hercules is designed for recreational, off-road drivers and enthusiasts seeking a stylish, aggressive look. It features two distinct shoulder designs for individuals to customize their vehicle and an aggressive tread pattern design for excellent grip in extreme conditions. The TIS TT1 by Hercules is equipped with bolstered shoulder lugs, performance-infused tread block elements, and a reinforced three-ply sidewall for added security.
The TIS TT1 by Hercules will be available in 19 high floatation SKU’s with an overall diameter range of 33 to 37 inch and will fit wheels with rim diameters from 17 to 26 inches. The line has a Q speed rating and a load range of E & F.
“The TIS TT1 is not only functional but is designed with style in mind,” said Steven Liu, ATD’s vice president of product development. “With a unique shoulder design on either side of the tire, Hercules and TIS Offroad have developed a cost-effective way to provide a customizable option that has proven to be popular with the recent launch of our Terra Trac ATX and TIS UT1”.
By teaming up with TIS Offroad, Hercules will reach a new segment of customers, particularly those served by TIS, according to Myles Kovacs, president and founder of TIS Offroad. Kovacs helped design and will aid in marketing the new tire. The tires will be available through ATD’s robust distribution network of approximately 80,000 customers nationwide but will also offer dealers enrolled on the Hercules Power Program exclusive program benefits.
“This tire combines Hercules’ proprietary compound, off-road traction, and reliability with a unique price point,” Kovacs said. “In addition to providing the tire in core sizes, it will be available in wider sizes for enthusiasts. And by offering it to the entire ATD network, Hercules will also be able to tap into more of the TIS Offroad customer base.”
This is the second tire co-branded by Hercules and TIS Offroad. In March, the two companies introduced the TIS UT1 by Hercules, a co-branded premium Utility Terrain Vehicle (UTV) and All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) tire.
Other features and benefits of the TIS TT1 by Hercules include:
- Robust tread compound formulated to enhance durability by maximizing strength and puncture resistance in the most adverse driving conditions while prolonging tread life.
- Optimized profile shape that provides an ideal footprint for balanced pressure distribution to support even wear and enhanced longevity.
- Strategic tread block geometry and optimized void ratio– work in tandem to expel mud, dirt, rocks, and water and provide excellent grip in hi/lo speed situations, while reducing irregular wear caused by rugged terrains.
- Reinforced shoulder design - enhances overall strength at high-stress points while increasing grip, handling, and cornering confidence.
- Unique stair-step tread design – adds rigidity and improves self-cleaning capability by preventing stone drilling and debris retention.
The TIS TT1 by Hercules carries the Hercules Performance Promise with a 45-day “Trust Our Ride” test drive, Workmanship and Materials coverage and Road Hazard Protection.