Hercules® Tires, a subsidiary of American Tire Distributors (ATD), and TIS Wheels today announced the launch of its new co-branded premium Utility Terrain Vehicle (UTV) tire, the TIS UT1 by Hercules. It is the first UTV tire to be offered by Hercules Tires and will be available Q1 2022.
The new UTV tire addresses a growing, niche market for consumers who need the ability to drive “off-road” in a variety of settings, such as sand, silt, loose rocks, gravel, dirt and soil surface terrains. The TIS UT1 by Hercules has an aggressive max all-terrain tread pattern specifically designed for UTV/SxS vehicles that are driven in these settings. With a balanced void ratio and innovative biting edges on the tread blocks, the eight-ply rated TIS UT1 by Hercules is designed for work or recreation and offers excellent traction in a variety of surface elements. The tire is also unique in that it offers a dual buttress design that allows consumers to cost effectively customize the look of their UTV with two different sidewall designs on one tire.
“Introducing a new UTV tire fits Hercules Tires strategy of expanding our portfolio to continue to be the “one-stop shop” for consumers seeking a replacement tire,” says Josh Simpson, senior vice president of Hercules Tires. “Not only are consumers continuing to look for a tire that will confidently match the performance of their vehicle regardless of the terrain, but more and more consumers want to customize their vehicles and require a tire that will compliment the look and personality of their vehicle as well. These tires provide the ability to create a custom user experience.”
The decision to collaborate with the off-road division of TIS Wheels, one of the most recognized brands in the wheel industry, on the tire’s design and features enables Hercules to set itself apart from competitors. “We wanted to partner with a brand like TIS who is a marketing powerhouse that could help us develop a quality product and also combine marketing efforts that will create a buzz with consumers ultimately driving traffic to retail locations,” says Simpson.
TIS Wheels via it’s TIS OFFROAD brand is taking its off-road wheel expertise into the UTV/ATV market with two new UTV/ATV wheel styles available in seven finishes at launch. The 558 is a mesh style wheel available in satin black, anthracite gray, bronze and gloss black with milled accents. The 559 is an aggressive concave 8-spoke design available in bronze, anthracite gray and satin black.
Hercules Tires will provide the new UTV tire to retailers to help them meet the needs of the casual enthusiasts. Because UTV tires are for all-terrain surfaces, they can be sold year-round. It will be marketed to address the needs of consumers in different regions.
Key features of the new tire include:
- Aggressive maximum all-terrain tread pattern specifically designed for UTV/SxS vehicles. The 8-ply rated TIS UT1 by Hercules is best used for sand, silt, loose rocks, gravel, dirt and soil surface terrains.
- Applications: UCV, RUV, SRV
- Balanced void ratio and innovative biting edges on the tread blocks offer excellent traction in a variety of surface elements
- Dual buttress design with extended bolstered shoulder lugs allowing for user customization and added sidewall impact resistance
- Center and intermediate tread block design provides superior grip and envelop rocks and other objects when riding on rugged trails
- Sophisticated scalloped shoulder lug design incorporating elongated stone ejectors to effectively reduce stone retention and drilling
- Inclined deep and wide groove enhancing traction performance and maximize debris cleaning capability
- Dual compound between tread and shoulder areas to maximize tread life and rock crawling performance
- Optimized footprint and tread design creates lateral stability, maximum handling, and confidence in control during acceleration and braking
Backed by the Hercules Performance Promise, the tires have an 24-month limited protection policy for workmanship and materials.
For more information, visit https://www.herculestire.com/tis-ut1.
About Hercules Tires
Hercules Tires is widely recognized as the industry's premier value brand with a comprehensive selection of passenger, UHP, light truck, medium truck and specialty tires. Since 1952, independent tire dealers and distributors have trusted Hercules to deliver outstanding quality, exceptional support, and unsurpassed value.
Hercules is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Tire Distributors, Inc. American Tire Distributors is one of the largest independent suppliers of tires in the North American replacement tire market. The company offers an unsurpassed breadth and depth of inventory, frequent delivery and value-added services to approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada.
About TIS OFFROAD:
Since 2003 TIS has been one of the most sought-after wheels in the industry. With a renewed focus on off-road products, TIS OFFROAD continues to set new sales records every year. Bold designs, aggressive fitments, and hot finishes all contribute to the TIS formula for iconic wheel offerings. More information can be found at tiswheels.com
Hercules Tires and TIS Wheels Launch New, Co-Branded Premium Utility Terrain Vehicle Tire